Hello! We’ve Missed You!
Let us begin by saying how much we have missed all of you over the past several weeks. We appreciate that you have played your own role in "flattening the curve", in some cases by putting off your own health care needs and often living in pain. Your health and well-being are very important to us and we hope that you have all remained safe and healthy during these unprecedented times.
The BIG NEWS.....
The BC government has announced that physiotherapists are able to open under the guidance of our regulatory body starting May 19, 2020. We recognize that you may be eager, or even anxious, about resuming physiotherapy treatments. In order to resume services in a safe manner we must take many variables into account. We have received guidance from the College of Physiotherapists of BC and the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and are ready to integrate those recommendations to ensure your ongoing health and safety.
New Clinic Safety Measures:
When we re-open on May 19, appointments won’t look the same as they did before. We have taken deliberate measures in order to resume operations in the safest way possible. Please keep in mind that we will have limited appointment availability due to adaptations in our clinic to ensure screening, social distancing, and cleaning procedures. Your health is very important to us. These are the steps we are taking to ensure your safety:
- COVID pre-screening questions and clinic protocol instruction by our receptionist upon booking your appointment.
- We kindly ask that you remain in your car until your scheduled appointment time to decrease the number of people in the waiting room. There will be designated parking stalls in front of the clinic for easier access.
- We will be limiting the number of people in our waiting room and distancing each person 2 meters apart. If you have a family member accompanying you to your appointment we kindly ask that they remain in the car for the duration of your appointment. If the patient requires assistance from a family member or parent in the clinic we ask that they also complete a COVID screening questionnaire.
- All patients will be asked to sanitize their hands and don a mask upon entry of our clinic.
- COVID screening questions upon entering the clinic
- All of our staff will be wearing masks and gloves and will be washing and sanitizing their hands between patients.
- Appointment times will be shortened to 30 minutes to ensure social distancing is maintained (fewer treatment rooms) and cleaning procedures are completed between patients. All exercises will be performed in the treatment rooms (gym equipment will not be used).
- There will be ongoing advanced infection control and cleaning procedures of all contact points within the clinic (i.e. equipment, chairs, beds, door handles, front desk, point of sale machine).
- Signage will be present requesting that patients maintain a 2 meter distance from one another.
- Plexiglass screens have been installed on the reception desk for added safety.
- Virtual physiotherapy treatments will remain available for those that are unable to attend the clinic in person.
Please do not attend the clinic if:
- You have been exposed to COVID 19
- You have returned from travel outside of Canada within the last 2 weeks
- You or anyone in your family have any signs of illness including sore throat or fever
- You are immunocompromised
We will continue to be here for you and value each and everyone of you. We appreciate the support you have shown us and are so grateful for our amazing community. If you would like to make an appointment or have any questions please call us at 250-860-3326. We will also be reaching out to you in the up-coming weeks. We look forward to seeing you back in the clinic!
Shirley, Kristi, and Makayla
SHOCKWAVE THERAPY IS NOW AVAILABLE!
Shockwave therapy uses intense, short energy waves to promote accelerated recovery of injured soft tissue, bone, heel, and joint pain. Treatable conditions include:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Tennis Elbow
- Jumpers Knee
- Calcific Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Scar Tissue Treatment
Guisachan Physiotherapy Clinic can provide DIRECT BILLING to the following insurance companies:
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Medavie Blue Cross
- Standard Life
- Green Shield
- Great West Life
- Sun Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance
- Johnson Inc.
- Maximum Benefit or Johnston Group
- Cowan Insurance
- Desjardins Insurance
- First Canadian Insurance
- Equitable Life
- The Cooperators
- Group Health
- Group Source
*Please check with your insurance provider to determine your coverage for physiotherapy treatment*